Monday, July 8, 2013

Larabars

I fell in love with Larabars sometime ago. They are expensive in this state of Alaska though. Sometimes I can get them on sale 4 for $5 but that is rare. I searched the net after eating a Pecan Pie bar knowing that I needed them more often than money would allow. Since I buy my dates and nuts at Costco I am sure my cost of making them is much, much less expensive than $1.25 a piece. Happy day! I don't have pictures for these recipes because #1. they don't last very long around this household and #2. larabars aren't really that pretty. I mean, they taste amazing but they just really aren't that pretty. Here are four recipes that I have come up with. The first two are tried and true. The other two I haven't tried yet but the measurements seem exact for yummy goodness and I will be trying them soon.

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH BAR
2 C raw cashews
12 medjool dates, pitted
1/2 c mini chocolate chips (the Enjoy Life brand is really good)
1/2 tsp salt

Blend in a food processor until it sticks together. Press in an 8x8 pan and the cut into bars. I store them in the fridge.

PECAN PIE BAR
1 C almonds
1 C pecans
12 dates, pitted
pinch of salt (optional)

In food processor blend the nuts until fine. Add the dates until it starts to stick together. Press in 8x8 pan. Cut into bars. Enjoy!

BANANA BREAD BAR
2 c. almonds
1 ripe banana
10-12 medjool dates, pitted

Process the nuts until fine. Add the banana and dates until it sticks together. Press in an 8x8 pan. Store in fridge.

COCONUT CREAM PIE BAR
1/2 c almonds
1/2 c cashews
1 c coconut
12 dates
2 tsp coconut oil

Process nuts until fine. Add the coconut and pulse. Add the dates and coconut oil and process until it sticks together. Press in an 8x8 pan. Cut into bars. Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...