Thursday, April 25, 2013

Honey Brownies- SUCCESS!!! Finally!


I don't like cakey brownies. As a result I have gone through several different recipes for brownies made with honey with out any success. Oh, if I wasn't so picky! I found one and tried to once. Failure- I accidentally added baking soda AND baking powder when I was supposed to just add powder. Second try- increased flour and did not use baking soda. Almost but not quite what I was looking for. Third try- now this says something because I NEVER try a recipe three times. This time I changed the amounts of honey and maple syrup and PERFECTION! Even my husband who has not truly embraced the no sugar lifestyle I have introduced said they were really good and he ate several. Hooray! I will count that as success. I frosted them with this chocolate frosting- HERE.

Chewy Honey Brownies
Cream together:
1/2 C butter
1/2 C honey
1/2 C maple syrup- the REAL kind!
Add in:
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
Stir in:
1/2 C flour
1/3 C cocoa
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350°.
Grease an 8x8 in pan. Pour the batter mix into it. Bake for 20-25 minutes. The top will be glossy.
Frost when cool and enjoy healthy, yummy, chocolatey goodness.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...