Monday, March 4, 2013

Vanilla Almond Snackaroos


This weekend we were in Anchorage and went to Natural Pantry to see what fun stuff they had there. It was all really fun. There was a lot of real food there which was nice but the prices were outrageous. Seriously outrageous. Regardless of that we did pick up a few things. My husband got okra chips which were very interesting. We also left the store with Banana Coconut Snakaroos by Laughing Giraffe Organics. We immediately fell in love with them. Such a good, whole food that was perfect for a snack. The only problem was the price. After some internet searching I put together a recipe and tried it out today. This one is minus the banana but I will put the banana in next time I make them. They turned out perfectly!

Vanilla Almond Snackaroos

3 C unsweetened coconut
1 C whole almonds
1/4 C coconut oil
1 C honey- Here is where I will add the banana next time. Maybe 1/2 C banana, 1/2 C honey
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp kosher salt

In a food processor add the almonds and process until it is almost a flour consistency. In a bowl combine all the ingredients mixing until it is well incorporated. Using a cookie scoop shape them into half balls and place on a cookie sheet.

At this point I just have them sitting on the counter to dry out. I tried baking a batch of them but the honey ran everywhere and they did not stay together. Just leaving them out on the counter seems to be working very well.

1 comment:

Kimberly T. said...

Looks yummy, I think I'll give them a try this week. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...