Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Whole Wheat Spelt Pumpkin Muffins

Along with my no sugar-ness I have decided to slowly take it out of my childrens diets too- as best I can anyway. This morning I wanted to make muffins. Our normal banana muffins are FULL of sugar. I mean, we are talking 2 cups of sugar! I made this recipe before but didn't think it was welcomed much. However, that was in a day when sugar was still a BIG part of our every day.This morning when I made them I turned around and when I turned back all 12 were completely gone. I'll call that success and use it more often!

Whole Wheat Spelt Pumpkin Muffins
1 C whole wheat flour
1/2 C spelt flour
1 T pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 C honey
1/4 C buttermilk
1/3 C melted butter
1 C pumpkin puree

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix together flours, pie spice, soda, powder and salt. Make a well in the center and all the other ingredients. Mix together until well combined.
Scoop into 12 muffin wells with liners and bake for 20 minutes.
You could also add chocolate chips if you like that sort of thing.

Enjoy! 


Whole Wheat SPelt Pumpkin Muffins

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...