Friday, February 1, 2013

Chia Berry Pudding


The picture probably doesn't look so appetizing but this stuff is seriously so good and so easy to make. I think I am in heaven. I have been trying to eat more real food. Food that has not been made in a laboratory. This is a recipe I stumbled across and mixed it up last night with hesitation but now I am thinking it could become a staple in my diet. There are amazing benefits of chia seeds. They are now proclaimed as a super food. Anyway, if you make this hopefully you'll agree that it is SUPER!!!

Chia Berry Pudding- 
Serves 4

1 1/2 C coconut milk(use organic if you can)
4 T maple syrup or honey(I used honey this time but will try maple syrup next time)
1 T vanilla extract (vanilla bean would be really good too!)
1/3 C chia seeds
1/2 C berries

Whisk the coconut milk, honey, and extract until smooth. Stir in the chia. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight. Serve with mixed berries.

Next time I will try Chocolate Chia Pudding by adding 2 T cocoa powder to the recipe!

1 comment:

Michelle Gunnell said...

I love Chia Seeds! They are so amazing! Have you ever tried Summer Porridge/Refrigerator Oats? It's an overnight, uncooked oatmeal with Chia Seeds in it. It's so yummy and filling, especially with fresh fruit mixed in! I found the recipe here: http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal She has lots of different flavor combinations (in her second post I think there's even a pumpkin one. ;) ).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...