Thursday, March 29, 2012

Rice-a- Roni Mix

Most of my kids have never even tasted that boxed creation called Rice-a-Roni. And those who have don't even remember. I am pretty anti-processed foods. But I remember liking the ease of grabbing a box to throw a meal together. When I saw a link to a mix for rice-a-roni I thought I would give it a try. I am so glad I did. I made this the other night with the Baked Fried Chicken and dinner was such a hit I thought I was a award winning culinary chef. And let me tell you, that is hard to come by in this house. But EVERYONE loved it! Hooray! 

Rice-a-Roni Mix
Ingredients:
3/4 cup rice (white or brown- regular)
1/4 cup broken spaghetti or angel hair pasta
1 Tablespoon minced onion
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 
1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
1 Tablespoon chicken bouillon powder or 3 cubes smashed into powder form
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Label a ziplock storage bag and attach cooking directions (listed below). Pour Rice-a-roni mix into bag and seal. Store in pantry.

In saucepan mix together 2 Tablespoons Margarine, 2 1/2 cups water , and rice-a-roni mix.  Stir together
Heat to boiling. Put lid on pan and reduce heat to simmer. Let simmer 20 minutes for white rice and up to 45 minutes for brown.  Serve hot.

1 comment:

Kimberly T. said...

I was comparing this to the recipe I had pinned and found out my post is gone. So thanks again! So was one batch enough for your family?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...