Thursday, January 28, 2010

Chocolate Macadamia Mousse Cake

Where to begin? Yesterday was National Chocolate cake day. I knew I wanted to celebrate! So I took a few recipes from a few raw cookbooks and tweaked them. What resulted was chocolate heaven. Seriously! The chocolate mousse part of this cake is so amazing I think I was dreaming about eating more of it today last night.

I think I changed the recipes enough to include it here. I don't have cacao powder or butter and can't seem to find them anywhere in Alaska. I think the final product turned out VERY good.


Chocolate Macadamia Mousse Cake

Base and crumble:
3 C walnuts
2/3 c cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 C pitted dates- you may want to add more for more sweetness

Mousse:
1 C macadamia nuts
3/4 c water
1/2 c shredded raw coconut
1/3 c agave
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt- we use kosher
1/4 c cocoa powder
2 T melted 70% cacao bar
2 tsp psyllium husks

In a food processor process the nuts, cocoa and salt until it is a fine mixture. Add the dates until it begins to stick together and then press 3/4 of it in a small spring form pan. Set aside.

In a blender blend the nuts, water, coconut, agave, vanilla and salt until completely smooth. Add the cocoa and cacao bar and blend more. Next add the psyllium and pour the misture over the cake in the pan. Top with the remaining cake mixture and chill completely. It will set up really nicely if it is chilled over night, but I couldn't wait that long yesterday. ;)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I might sound like an idiot but I have no idea what psyllium husks are. And where does one get some of that? This looks so good and I can't wait to make it.

Lindsey said...

I thought I was the only one that has to look that up! LOL! Seriously, this really does look delish!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...