Thursday, August 14, 2008

Roll out pumpkin cookies

I think we might be on to something here. I was telling my sister that I didn't like the cakeyness of pumpkin cookies. Cookies should be cookies, not cake. So she led me to this website- http://www.pumpkinnook.com/ that has some fun pumpkin recipes and this recipe was among them.

They are good cookies, better with cream cheese frosting, and best with sprinkles! I think that I am going to take a clue from this recipe though and try to adapt my sugar cookie recipe into a pumpkin sugar cookie recipe. This one is good though.
Pumpkin Rollout Cookies
3/4 cups unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup canned or fresh cooked pumpkin
1 egg yolk
1 tsp pure vanilla
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
pinch Salt
Preparation Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine with electric mixer the butter & brown sugar 3.Add the pumpkin, egg yolk, and vanilla.
4. Gradually add the flour and spices.
5. Mix with your hands to create a soft dough.
6. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
7. Divide dough into two pieces.
8. Roll out each piece to 1/8-inch thickness on a floured surface.
9. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters.
10. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes.
11. Decorate with favorite frosting and candies.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...